Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Would you buy it Wednesday #30


Last week one of my friends just forced me, kicking and screaming, to go with her to an antique place she had found. And, then to top it all off, she also forced me to buy several things.

Ok, so that's not really true, but we do feed and encourage each other a lot when shopping.

Recently she has told me more than once that I have created a monster in that she now has an ironstone collection - a large collection.  She is perfectly capable of shopping on her own, so I'm not admitting to creating any monsters, but I think I did plant the seed about getting ironstone for her new cabinet.

Now she likes rusty stuff.  I might have planted that seed also, I'm not sure.  She bought a couple of pieces that day for her back yard garden.

The below piece of rust is mine.  I barely hesitated when I saw it.  I think the price was good considering it was an antique mall.  I would like to hang it on the wall, but it is really heavy so I will just prop it up on a chest with some other pieces.

Linking to:





7 comments:

Paulette said...

Love the lines, the Singer logo, and the wheels - I think it's a perfect piece.

My Vintage Mending said...

Honey I will buy anything with the name Singer on it. Put rust on it and you might as well load it in the car for me. Perfection....smiles..Renee

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

that is cool If the price was in my budget I would have bought that. My sister and I are like you and your friend. I am always telling her to buy something because if she does not she will regret it and it wont be there when she goes back

Shannon @ DoveNest28 said...

That is the side piece for a treadle sewing machine. It will look great as an accent piece. I'm a bit partial to metal and rust myself!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh, I love that kind of stuff too! I have two old treadle sewing machines in our shop and love the stands and the drawers!

Cottage and Broome said...

Amy, Photos and junk two great things! Nice you have a friend to "encourage" you to to buy things. Love the rusty Singer piece. Thanks for stopping by and following, now following you, Laura

Unknown said...

I would prop it against a wall with a plant and a basket display. I "liked" your post on Would you buy it Wednesday!