Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Liebster and Versatile Awards

 


Well, I might have trouble getting my big head through the door.

I have received two - yes, two - awards.

Many thanks to Candy and Deno!

My friend, Candy, at PICKIN and PAINTIN honored me with the Liebster Blog award!  Candy's blog features furniture make-overs that she does.  She also has a wonderful shop in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee that I love to visit.

A new friend, Deno, at What Do All These Buttons Do? sent me the Versatile Blogger Award.  He has great photos, many of which are HDR.

Please visit both of these blogs and the great blogs below that I have bestowed these awards to!


For the Liebster Award, I was supposed to choose 5 up and coming blogs which have less than 200 followers.  For the Versatile Blogger Award, the number of blogs I was to select was fifteen.
So I chose 15 blogs, at least five of which have less than 200 followers.  I think the point here is exposure for your blog, so we're good.

Since I combined these, each of you can choose which award you want to pass on.  Aren't choices great?

I don't like using the word "rule" on my blog, so here are the steps that make the blog award thing work best:

Liebster

  • Choose 5 blogs that have less than 200 followers
  • In a new blog post:    
    • Show your appreciation to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them.
    • Link back to the blogs you are awarding so that everyone else can visit and enjoy their blog.



Versatile

In a new blog post:

  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
  • Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
  • Finally, tell 7 things about yourself.



Here are my 7 things for the Versatile Award:
1.  Photography is my hobby.
2.  I do not like sports and if someone I'm fond of isn't playing, I won't be watching.
3.  I am very lucky in that my husband likes loves cooking.  Go for it, Dear.
4.  I collect rulers, clocks, flat carpenters pencils, wasp nests, santa mugs, sugar/creamers, and a multitude of other things.
5.  I like vintage things and many of my photos are of vintage things, either mine, or someone else's.
6.  I love cats.
7.  I like green, yellow, red, and robin's egg blue; birds, butterflies, lilies, irises, petunias.

Awardees:
Post either/both award(s) on your blog side panel to show that you won an award!

And, it's only blogging . . . if you do not want to participate for whatever reason, then feel free to ignore.  You don't have to email me, apologize, make excuses . . nothing.  Promise.



1. A Simple Country Life

2. Time Stand Still

3. Midlife by Farmlight

4. Treasures in Thrifting Land

5. In The Middle With Me

6. Snippets from Springdale

7. Ruth's Photo Blog

8. Kathy Goes a Ramblin'

9. CreativeMeAndLife

10.  simplify.daily.life

11.  playingwithmycamera

12.  Rural Ramblings with Ruta

13.  White Lace and Promises

14.  Mommy to a Princess

15.  Steadmans' Corner





No comments: